Thanks For Visiting

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

71 Days in Isaiah: Day 1 - Isaiah 1:1-9



Isaiah 1:1-9 (NIV)


The vision concerning Judah and Jerusalem that Isaiah son of Amoz saw during the reigns of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.  Hear me, you heavens! Listen, earth! For the LORD has spoken: “I reared children and brought them up, but they have rebelled against me.   The ox knows its master, the donkey its owner’s manger, but Israel does not know, my people do not understand.”   Woe to the sinful nation, a people whose guilt is great, a brood of evildoers, children given to corruption! They have forsaken the LORD; they have spurned the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him.  Why should you be beaten anymore? Why do you persist in rebellion? Your whole head is injured, your whole heart afflicted.  From the sole of your foot to the top of your head there is no soundness— only wounds and welts and open sores, not cleansed or bandaged or soothed with olive oil.  Your country is desolate, your cities burned with fire; your fields are being stripped by foreigners right before you, laid waste as when overthrown by strangers.  Daughter Zion is left like a shelter in a vineyard, like a hut in a cucumber field, like a city under siege.  Unless the LORD Almighty had left us some survivors, we would have become like Sodom, we would have been like Gomorrah.


 


 How often am I just like the people of Israel?  Do I forget who my Savior is and what he has done for me?  It's a sad testimony, but yes...I do.  I forget because if I remembered I could stay out of my sin.  I forget because I don’t keep the word of God in front of me as much as I should.  I forget because sometimes I really like my sin.


 
But I have a way out.  God has given me His word to study, a way to stay connected and in step with Him.  I have heard that prayer is us talking to God and the bible is God talking to us, well...I’m tired of one way conversations.  I’m tired of my “whole heart being afflicted”.  Study is something I have always struggled with, from school to now, I have not liked studying.  Today, my prayer is that I would have a passion to study and share what I am studying with others.


 Would you join me today?


 cej

No comments:

Post a Comment