Thanks For Visiting

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Trying to Get To The Dreaded 9

Haven't done any writing all week because my j-o-b has interfered with my fun...again!   I worked all week at the international shipments desk and I will be very excited to have the gentleman that normally works there back on Monday.

At one point I found myself yelling at the computer animated voice on the other end of the line.  It was for a very well known small package carrier and I do have to say that their phone system is not very user friendly.  Or ast least to me it wasn't user friendly (surely I am not the problem!)  I have heard a lot of people make fun of them, but until you get the chance to be in it....its not that funny!

"Hello, you have reached the automated filing system for XYZ Delivery.  For shipments inside the US, Canada or Mexico: press 1.  For all other shipments press 4".

Four...??  What happened to 2 and 3?  Oh well, still pretty simple....I pressed 4.

"For shipments going to the Europe, press 1.  For shipments going to the Pacific Rim, press 2.  If you want to speak to an operator, please press 9".

Good deal, a live person.  I pressed 9.

  "Hello, you have reached the automated filing system for XYZ Delivery.  For shipments inside the US, Canada or Mexico: press 1.  For all other shipments press 4".

Heck, I must have pressed the wrong button.  So here I am going back through the whole thing again, because I don't get the option at the first step to talk to a live person.  Still pretty calm, still early in the day and my blood pressure has not yet been raised.  I get to the point of pressing 9 for the live operator and BAM.  The blood pressure starts to raise.

  "Hello, you have reached the automated filing system for XYZ Delivery.  For shipments inside the US, Canada or Mexico: press 1.  For all other shipments press 4".

Ok, I know what button I pushed!   So I yell at the phone, " I want to talk to a live person"  (yeah, I know....doesn't do a lot of good).  So I start back through the whole proccess, carefully checking each of the buttons I needed to push.  Get to the dreaded 9 and BAM....

  "Hello, you have reached the automated filing system for XYZ Delivery.  For shipments inside the US, Canada or Mexico: press 1.  For all other shipments press 4".

AAARRRGGHHH!  (Do people even say that anymore?)  At this point I am yelling at the phone and banging it on the desk.  Back through the whole process to the dreaded 9.  If I get the welcome message again I am going home!   And then......

"This is C, how may I help you?" 

Well I am now in an ugly mood because I have been to the dreaded 9 about 6 times and I wanted to tell her that I needed help putting the phone somewhere.  BUT, the saner side of me says, "she wasn't the one who kept putting you back to the welcome message, don't take it out on her."  Stupid sane side....she was probably sitting there with her buddies saying, "here he comes again, wonder how many times I can put him back to the welcome message before he strokes out?"  

I was so glad the day was finally over, well this was probably only about15-20 minutes.....but it felt like it was longer.  Now I will admit that I have taken some liberties with the drama on this, but the process was still the insane....er, same! 

Don't even get me started on the websites.....

No comments:

Post a Comment